Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Live Your Lyfe: Lyfe Kitchen - Cupertino,CA

Note the abundance of avocadoes


Trendy healthy restaurants are everywhere in the Bay Area. Whole Foods, Sprouts - name the healthy restaurant/market, we've got it. Some of these are great, but some aren't. Luckily, LYFE isn't one of the latter. It's located in the new Main Street plaza near Vallco in Cupertino, and this place is amazing at night. As we enter the holiday season, the plaza has got lights on almost every tree. Even the tall palms are lit up by amber lights snaking all the way to the top. But enough about the plaza, let's talk about LYFE.

Mahi Tacos with Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
LYFE is your standard modern themed, healthy restaurant with a few added twists. It's got the nice modern look to it, but keeps it rustic with the wood accents like the table and some of the walls. One of the coolest parts of this restaurant is the free sparkled water dispensers. That's right: free. there are three taps for water, chilled water, and chilled sparkling water. The quality isn't bad, and all you do is pick a glass of the shelf and fill it up! The food was also very accessible, about 10 minutes after we sat down with our number, a waiter brought us our food! My dad had the Buffalo Chicken Salad, my sister had Faye's Grilled Cheese and sweet potato fries. While I can't say any specifics about their thoughts, I can tell you that we were all finished within 20 minutes. I had the Mahi Fish Tacos, which were awesome. While I'm not that big a fan of the corn tortilla taste, it blended perfectly with the collection of Mahi, sauce, and cilantro. After adding some salsa, the tacos were just little bundles of mildly spicy flavor, but I couldn't really get the taste of the vegetables. Instead, I thought that the cilantro was a little overpowering, but I'm really just nitpicking. What I'm not really a fan of was the garlic sweet potato fries. Yes, they are a normal French fry alternative and you have to be healthy while making them, but they just weren't crispy enough for me. Also, I didn't really taste any garlic, so I leave this restaurant with a few questions, but a satisfied stomach. Honestly, this place is okay, but there may be better options in this plaza. Would tentatively recommend.
Food: 3/5
Experience: 4/5 Bonus points for free sparkling water
Total: 7/10
Buffalo Chicken Salad - note avocadoes
Trendy and modern design

We get it - you smoke herb

Garlic? Fries

You can find me on Instagram as @stumpyeatsfood and on yelp at theplumpcat.yelp.com. If you've got a restaurant recommendation or even a recipe that you think I should try, send it to me at ryanjchen2@gmail.com! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment