Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Vegas Baby!!! - Bellagio Buffet in Las Vegas, NV

Piles of shrimp!
At first I was pretty confused - why should I be going to Las Vegas for my spring break? Shouldn't I be hanging out with friends, or maybe relaxing by an ocean in Hawaii? Why Las Vegas of all places - I'm not even 18 which means I can't drink, gamble, or do anything in Las Vegas!

Well, I can eat.

After remembering the many many restaurants and buffets Las Vegas is known for, I became pretty a little more levelheaded. Then I remembered my good friend Erika also lives in Las Vegas! After the prospect of food and friends crossed my mind, I felt a bit better about going to Sin City for my spring break - and the Bellagio Buffet definitely helped me out!

When you walk into an elevator of the Bellagio resort, you kind of get an idea of what type of place you're walking into. We're talking some nice wood with a deep rich color with some gold colored support bars. If you missed the fountain and the exterior on your way in, you'll get a taste of it inside. But enough about the resort - I know you're all here to hear about the buffet. Well I won't mince words about the long line to get it, but thankfully we got in before the dinner rush. And when you walk around the food they have there, you wonder why you would ever leave. They have some lighter salads in the corner, a whole little concourse for desserts, and a whole bar dedicated to meat. Hungry yet? Let me just tell you a bit about what I ate.

MEAT!
I started off with a pork bun, which turned out to be my first great experience with the Bellagio Buffet! The bun was nice and soft, and the pork inside was sweet as expected. Another one of my favorites at the buffet was the giant pile of cocktail shrimp - I'm a huge fan of cocktail shrimp and these were some of the best I've had. They were nice and tender, with the tail coming out easily of the shell. The sauce was also great - definitely better than your run of the mill Costco platter! I then moved on to the huge slab of beef they had lying under a heat lamp with steam rising out of the sinewy mass. The server there cut me a generous hunk of beef and sent me on my way back to my seat. When I bit down, the juices gushed out of the tender meat, mixed in with some fatty texture and taste that elevated my experience. And that was only day 1 - but I had two days of hiking in the Grand Canyon I had to get through before I could return to the sinfully delicious city of Las Vegas!

Blue Merengues???

Classic pork buns - yum!

A cool photo of one of the little desserts!

You can find me on Instagram as @stumpyeatsfood and on yelp at theplumpcat.yelp.com. You can also check out more of my photos on Flickr! If you've got a restaurant recommendation or even a recipe that you think I should try, send it to me at ryanjchen2@gmail.com! Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment